25th anniversary key dates
Our plans to celebrate our 25th anniversary are starting to take shape. We’d like to share some key dates with you now, so go grab your diaries!
- Save the date for our anniversary summer party on Saturday 21 September 2019. Exact location to be confirmed (somewhere in Surrey). We’re planning a fun half day with food and drinks, activity workshops, inspirational talks, an MFT history tent as well as an art exhibition displaying and celebrating the work of our many artistic groups. Formal invite and booking forms to follow in due course.
- John Anderton’s challenge will take place on Friday 20 September 2019 where he will run 25 miles in one go in an effort to raise as much money as possible so we can provide more activities and courses for you! Once the exact route is defined, we’ll let you know so you can come and cheer him on with us.
- The Banstead Rotary sponsored walk is happening on 5 May for any keen walker willing to raise funds and awareness of MFT . It’s not too late to register! You can download the booking forms from the Rotary website or contact Roger de la Perrelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01737 813870 or Derek Aram at email@example.com or on 01737 212397. Or you can sponsor the MFT Mighty Blues led by our volunteer Kerrie who will be doing the walk with family and friends by visiting their fundraising page.
- If you’re into needlework, why not join our Women’s Group who are starting a Patchwork Sewing Project from 17 April until 5 June to mark our anniversary? Every Wednesday from 1.30pm to 3.30pm at The Crescent, Leatherhead.
- Our Tuesday Art class with Beccy in Leatherhead will also be doing a group art project to be revealed at our summer event. So if you’d like to take part, why not join us at The Crescent, every Tuesday from 10am until 12pm?
Also in the pipeline…
Although still at the planning stages, we wanted to give you a sneak peak of what we’re thinking about organising later this year for our anniversary. Hope you’re excited!
- An Advice and Information Drop-In Day where you can meet Lenny and enquire about everything you’ve always wanted to know about, from housing and benefits to how to access various services in the community. Date to be confirmed but you can already let us know what you’d like this day to look like by emailing Lenny at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01372 375400.
- A Safe Haven Open Day to spread awareness of the incredible work our Safe Haven staff do and what the service offers. Further info in future newsletters.
- Positive Body Image courses to follow the theme of Mental Health Awareness Week happening in May 2019. We know we could all do with accepting who we are and what our bodies can do a bit more! If you have a story you’d like to share about body image (positive or negative), please get in touch at email@example.com as we’re looking for someone to write a blog for us on that topic for our May newsletter.
- A new logo and website! It’s time for us to dust off our old logo and bring a bit of freshness to it! We also want to launch a new website that’s easier to navigate, with accessible information and news, and even the ability to book courses online for those who find it easier! It won’t happen overnight so bear with us but we’re hoping to relaunch both later this year.
This list isn’t exhaustive and we’ll share other anniversary dates and events with you as they get confirmed. We’re always open to new ideas so call us with any suggestions on 01372 375 400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mary Frances Trust Team