Primary Care Link Worker Role - Banstead
Want to be part of building an innovative and creative integrated Primary Mental Health Service in Surrey Heartlands? Then join us and become our new Community Connections Primary Care Link Worker! The role is based in Banstead and is full time for a 12-month contract initially, which may be extended depending on the project outcome and funding.
For the last few years, Mary Frances Trust have been one of the leads for Surrey-wide Community Connections service and we currently provide our services in: Mole Valley, Epsom & Ewell, Banstead, Elmbridge and Spelthorne.
Recently, we have been working in partnership with Surrey and Borders Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (SABP) to co-develop rapid field testing of a new integrated Mental Health Service with GP Practices within the National Association of Primary Care (NAPC) Primary Care Network (PCN) model.
The overall aim of this new project is to co-develop and embed a new transformational model of integrated primary mental health care in Primary Care Network (PCN) to reduce unmet needs, improve access to existing services, better integrate physical and mental health, and reduce systems cost.
Providing a primary care mental health service within this context refers to:
▪ First level of intervention
▪ Ease of access
▪ A multidisciplinary approach working closely with GP’s and Practice nurses, Mental Health Practitioners and Clinical Psychologist.
▪ Coordinating and supporting patients to access to a wide range of community services and resources including social care, housing, family, debt and employment counselling that support maintaining good health and wellbeing.
To find out more about the role, you can download the full job description and person specification.
Mary Frances Trust (MFT) is a charity organisation established in 1994 by people who used mental health services, carers and professionals to support people with any mental or emotional health problems.
The purpose of Mary Frances Trust is to:
- work with people who experience any kind of emotional or mental health distress until they feel confident to get on with their life again
- provide leadership and co-ordination in development and delivery of community mental health services in Surrey