Learning & Skills
The Learning and Skills service supports you in exploring opportunities available to them through education courses, leisure courses and voluntary work.
- you may wish to learn or refresh a skill
- you may need support with literacy and numeracy
- you may want to learn completely new skills to help you explore different pathways to enhance your life and open up new opportunities and possibilities.
At Mary Frances Trust we are keen to encourage and support you who want to explore the options available to you.
Other courses and taster sessions are organised regularly throughout the year, often provided by our partners WEA (Workers’ Educational Association) and Surrey Care Trust. We frequently consult with people who use our services to see what courses they are interested in attending.
Sessions can include mindfulness, confidence building, self esteem and our emotional well being programme.
Thinking about volunteering for us?
- Volunteering can help build confidence and improve self esteem and sense of wellbeing.
- It can help you feel that you are making a contribution, helping you feel useful.
- Volunteering is also a useful way of building or updating a CV for those of you who are planning or are ready to look for work.
There are many volunteering opportunities in the community. We offer one-to-one sessions to discuss opportunities if you wish to volunteer, and we will work with you to explore the options available.
If you would like to know more please ring Anna Silver, Volunteers Co-ordinator on 01372 375400 or email her: firstname.lastname@example.org