We’re looking for a highly motivated and effective Administration Assistant to join our team at this exciting time as our charity expands.
Hours: 37 hrs a week
Holiday: 25 days a year
Location: based in Leatherhead
Term: 12-month fixed term (this may be extended depending on funding)
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, and the successful completion of a probationary period.
The Administration Assistant will be supporting different aspects of the charity by providing general administrative support to help with the smooth running of the organisation. Attention to detail and confidentiality are paramount as you will be dealing with sensitive information.
- To update and monitor our client database and filing systems
- To handle new referrals and ensure these are dealt with within the time required
- Respond to telephone, email, text and in person enquiries
- To take course bookings and set up meetings
- To assist with posting on our social media channels, and updating our website
- To support the management team with their administration
- To take accurate minutes of meetings and distribute appropriately
- To cover the work of reception/administration colleagues when required
- To assist with health and safety checks in the office
- To operate at all times within GDPR policies and procedures
This is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may need to be undertaken. It may be necessary to undertake other duties in order to fulfil the objectives of the charity.
Qualifications and experience
- Have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s, including English and Maths being grade 5 or above
- A business or administration qualification
- Previous administration experience in an office environment
Knowledge and skills
- Have excellent written (including spelling), verbal and interpersonal skills, and be able to communicate well with people at all levels
- Be highly organised
- Keep accurate records and have attention to detail
- Flexible attitude to work and willingness to support colleagues
- Be able to prioritise tasks and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of the team
- Understand confidentiality, consent, and GDPR
- Have good work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, use of email, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to enter and manipulate data accurately on a database
- Good understanding of social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Ability to update websites and have social media skills
- Proficient in Powerpoint
Mary Frances Trust (MFT) is a leading mental health and emotional wellbeing charity for adults in Surrey. Since 1994, we support people for as long as they need, inspiring them to find ways to restore and maintain their mental wellbeing. We work hard to challenge mental health stigma and promote emotional self-care.
Our mission is to:
- Work alongside people experiencing any kind of emotional or mental health issues for as long as they need and to inspire them to develop the skills that will help them to restore and/or maintain their emotional wellbeing.
- Involve people with experience of mental health at every level of the organisation so they can help us design, deliver, monitor, and review our services to ensure they respond to their changing needs.
- Consistently challenge stigma attached to mental illness and raise awareness of the importance for everyone to look after their mental wellbeing.
- Lead and co-ordinate the development and delivery of first-class, voluntary mental health services in Surrey.
- Maintain sufficient funding streams to be able to provide person-centred services to people experiencing any kind of emotional or mental issues.
How to apply
To apply for this role, click on the Apply Now link below and fill in our Online Application Form. Thank you!
If you are having difficulties accessing our Online Application Form, please email Kerry, our Administration Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org who will send you a Word version for you to email back to Kathy, our Finance Manager at email@example.com