We are looking for a highly motivated and efficient Receptionist/Administrator to join our friendly staff team at our head office in Leatherhead.
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Holiday: 25 days a year
Location: 23 The Crescent, Leatherhead KT22 8DY
This post is subject to the successful completion of a probationary period, and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The Receptionist/Administrator is a client facing role, and will often be the first point of contact a person has with our organisation over the phone, in person or by email. The Receptionist/Administrator will be dealing with a variety of enquiries and will assist with general administration tasks.
- To provide a first point of contact for all incoming calls, ensuring they are answered in a timely and professional manner
- To deal with enquiries if able to, or take comprehensive messages and pass on the messages appropriately
- To ensure that all emails received into our info@ email address are dealt with promptly and appropriately, or forwarded to the correct member of staff
- To greet visitors into a friendly, professional environment
- To ensure that relevant and up to date information and literature is available in the reception area
- To oversee online room bookings and calendars
- To ensure the ground floor rooms of our head office are tidy and well presented
- To carry out allocated health and safety checks for the building
- To sort and distribute post
- To book clients onto activities and courses, and liaise with tutors
- To assist with processing new referrals and ensure these are dealt with within the time required
- To update admin documents
- To assist with our monthly newsletter
- To provide general administrative support to members of staff, which will include photocopying, printing and using our database and administrative systems, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times
This is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may need to be undertaken. It may be necessary to undertake other duties in order to fulfil the objectives of the charity.
Qualifications and experience
- Have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s, including English and Maths being grade 5 or above
- Proven experience of working in a customer facing role
Experience of working within the health & social care sector (preferably with mental health)
Knowledge and skills
- Highly developed communication skills (oral and written) including a professional telephone manner
- Helpful, calm, caring, professional and positive attitude
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of the team
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Flexible attitude to work and willingness to support colleagues
- Ability to prioritise work effectively
- Understand confidentiality, consent, and GDPR
- Have good work ethic
Proficient in Microsoft Word, use of email, Outlook and Excel
Mary Frances Trust (MFT) is a leading mental health and emotional wellbeing charity for adults in Surrey. Since 1994, we support people for as long as they need, inspiring them to find ways to restore and maintain their mental wellbeing. We work hard to challenge mental health stigma and promote emotional self-care.
Our mission is to:
- Work alongside people experiencing any kind of emotional or mental health issues for as long as they need and to inspire them to develop the skills that will help them to restore and/or maintain their emotional wellbeing.
- Involve people with experience of mental health at every level of the organisation so they can help us design, deliver, monitor, and review our services to ensure they respond to their changing needs.
- Consistently challenge stigma attached to mental illness and raise awareness of the importance for everyone to look after their mental wellbeing.
- Lead and co-ordinate the development and delivery of first-class, voluntary mental health services in Surrey.
- Maintain sufficient funding streams to be able to provide person-centred services to people experiencing any kind of emotional or mental issues.
How to apply
To apply for this role, click on the Apply Now link below and fill in our Online Application Form. Thank you!