There are many free community events in Surrey happening in December 2022 to get you into a festive spirit – from Christmas markets and carol singing all the way to festive walks and gift wrapping. We’ve listed them all below.
Redhill, Belfry Shopping Centre – Christmas Wrapping Service
A Christmas Gift wrapping area will be set up in the Belfry Shopping Centre, Redhill throughout December. The Belfry will provide space & equipment (paper, cutter, ribbons, collection buckets etc.). The charities provide volunteers who will do the wrapping, in exchange for a donation from the public. All donations received are retained by the charity providing the gift wrapping.
Banstead Christmas Community Event – Thursday 1 December, 5pm-8pm at Banstead Highstreet
Father Christmas, street entertainment, special guests, kids treasure hunts, shopping offers, Christmas Raffle and the switching on of the Christmas lights.
Events at ChristChurch, Banstead:
- Advent Windows, 1-24 December (5-8pm). Each day from 1-24 December, a newly decorated window will appear in Banstead or Nork. The windows will be lit between 5pm and 8pm. Follow our trail and find them all.
- The Surprisingly Christmassy Roots of Jazz – Sunday 12 December, 6.30pm. Live jazz music interspersed with an account of the history of jazz, blues and spirituals, what they have to do with the idea of freedom and what Christmas has to do with it all. FREE ENTRY, no need to book, but arrive in good time to get a good seat.
- Comfort at Christmas – Saturday 18 December, 3pm-4.30pm. A time of reflection to remember our loved ones this Christmas, includes a short service plus tea and biscuits. If you would like to et them know you are coming, you can contact the team by emailing: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carols by Floodlight – Sunday 19 December, 6.15pm. Grab a drink and a mince pie on us and sing some much loved carols in our spacious carpark. The outdoor service includes, carols, Bible reading and a Christmas message. Everyone is welcome!
- Carols around the Crib – Friday 24 December, 2-4pm. Nativity performances at 2.30pm, 3pm and 3.30pm. Come and meet our live animals with some free Christmas craft and refreshments, plus the final advent window!
- Carols by Candlelight – Sunday 11 December, 5pm-6.30pm
- Christmas Eve, 10.30am-12.00noon, Juniper Bottom and Boxhill, Stepping Stones pub, Westhumble Street, Dorking, RH5 6BS (or bus 465). Moderate hills, steps stiles and slopes.
- Christmas Day, 11.00am-11.45am, arrive 15 minutes early for festive nibbles! Meet at Lakewood car park, Portsmouth Road, Cobham, KT11 1BG. Slow slopes.
- Boxing Day, 11.00am-11.45am, Boxing Day walk at Whiteley Woods, arrive 15 minutes early for festive nibbles! Grass verge parking by cricket pitch, corner of North Avenue and Coombe Lane, Whiteley Village, KT12 4EL. Slow slopes.
Leatherhead Christmas at the Hub – Saturday 10 December, 3.30pm-6.30pm
Come along to our Christmas event! We will have lots of Christmas fun including Santa’s grotto, carols, dancing, Christmas sweater competition and tree lighting.