Our Meditation facilitator Litsa presented our second show (and the first one of 2021!) on Monday 4 January at 9pm and introduced the theme of: “New Year, Know You” (a new take of the old adage “New Year, New You”) and the many ways in which you can get to know yourself better this coming year by trying out new things!
She also spoke to some of our instructors, Anna from Happy Head Yoga and Coaching and Jayne from Jayne’s Zumba & Fitness about the benefits of physical activity, from supporting nervous systems to healthy hearts.
You’ll also hear a conversation between craft expert Taryn and MFT clients Corinne and Paula on trying art even when you don’t think you’re crafty and unearthing your inner creativity.
You’ll also be treated to a beautiful song played on the treble recorder by MFT client Rebecca as well as a meditation and sound healing session from Litsa & Alysson from Ayiayoga.
To listen to the show again, click below:
How to listen to the shows going forward
The show is pre-recorded and then broadcast on Surrey Hills Community Radio which is an internet radio. You can listen live while it’s being aired from your smartphone or tablet, laptop or even car radio – read further instructions on the Surrey Hills Community Radio website.
Alternatively, if you can’t listen live, we’ll share the Listen Again link after the show in this section of our website and on social media so you can catch up.
How to get involved with the show
This show is all for you, about you and about your wellbeing, so we want to hear from you!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “The Wellbeing Hour” if you’d like to:
- suggest a topic to be featured or discussed on one of the shows
- suggest a song to be played out during one of the shows
- suggest an activity for one of the shows to engage our listeners
- provide feedback so we can improve
- answer questions asked during one of the shows (make sure you follow the deadline)
- submit any piece in response to an activity set out during a show (make sure you follow the deadline)
- be involved in the making of the shows (whether as a presenter, interviewer, project manager, segment producer, sound editor, idea generator, intro and link writer, advertiser, you name it! We can provide some training if you have no prior experience)
- have any questions you’d like to ask
- come on the programme as a guest.