Our June show was aired on Monday 7 June 2021 as a men’s special with only male guests. This is part of our mission to give men more prominence and a louder voice as part of our Men’s Wellbeing Matters campaign!
On the agenda:
– We talk to Allen and Dan, two fathers and supporters of MFT, in a fantastic interview that delves into the challenges that dads face raising children and dealing with mental health issues of their own, as we mark both Fathers’ Day and International Fathers’ Mental Health Day in June.
– We chat to MFT Vice-Chair of Trustees Jeremy about words from his childhood and how they impact him into adulthood, as well as what he did to move forward.
– Finally we hear from Oli, one of our young clients, on the many creative outlets he uses to support his wellbeing.
You can listen to the show again by clicking on the audio file below:
How to listen to the shows going forward
The show is pre-recorded and then broadcast on Surrey Hills Community Radio (an internet radio) on the first Monday of every month at 9pm. You can listen live while it’s being aired from your smartphone or tablet, laptop or even car radio – read further instructions on the Surrey Hills Community Radio website.
Alternatively, if you can’t listen live, we’ll share the Listen Again link after the show in this section of our website and on social media so you can catch up.
How to get involved with the show
This show is all for you, about you and about your wellbeing, so we want to hear from you!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “The Wellbeing Hour” if you’d like to:
- suggest a topic to be featured or discussed on one of the shows
- suggest a song to be played out during one of the shows
- suggest an activity for one of the shows to engage our listeners
- provide feedback so we can improve
- answer questions asked during one of the shows (make sure you follow the deadline)
- submit any piece in response to an activity set out during a show (make sure you follow the deadline)
- be involved in the making of the shows (whether as a presenter, interviewer, project manager, segment producer, sound editor, idea generator, intro and link writer, advertiser, you name it! We can provide some training if you have no prior experience)
- have any questions you’d like to ask
- come on the programme as a guest.