As a charitable organisation, providing services to people with any emotional or mental health issues, Mary Frances Trust (MFT) needs to know certain things about you.
Keeping your personal information safe is a responsibility we take very seriously and in this privacy notice we spell out exactly what you can expect from us when it comes to your information.
If you are interested in knowing more about how we look after the information you’ve given us, you can find it in our General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Policy.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION
There are three reasons why we collect information about you:
– To be able to provide tailored and best suited services to your needs.
– To provide you with information about MFT and give you choice to select services that
work for you and that you find interesting.
– To be able to evidence to our funders and commissioners that we provide not only
good quality services but also that they are a value for money.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
We never collect more information than absolutely required and here is what we currently store on our secure database: your name; date of birth; your address; your house and/or mobile telephone number; email address; important information about your emotional/mental and physical health; next of kin; GP and other professionals details – to help us work together and provide better support for you.
HOW DO WE GET INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
– Most of the information about you we collect when you (or the person that refers you to our service) fill in on the referral form.
– If you contact us via email, post or telephone, we may keep a record of that contact
– When you visit our website www.maryfrancestrust.org.uk, some information may be stored to enhance your experience and help you navigate the site, but also to help us make our website user-friendly and useful. For more details on information collected through our website, please check our Website and Cookies Policy.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Most importantly, we will never share any information we hold about you for any marketing purposes.
We may however share relevant information with your GP or other professionals providing support to you.
We provide anonymised statistics about people we provided services for to our funders and commissioners.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. As a baseline, we will keep basic information about you for 6 years but not longer than necessary.
HOW DO WE KEEP THE INFORMATION SAFE
We always ensure there are appropriate controls in place to protect your personal details.
Most of the information we hold about you is stored on our web-based database and on the Cloud.
If we store any personal information on any of our electronic devices (e.g. on the laptop), we make sure the information is appropriately encrypted.
We do comprehensive checks on companies that may be processing our data and sign contracts that set out our expectations and requirements, especially how they manage the personal data they collect on our behalf, or have access to.
HOW CAN YOU SEE IT
You have the right to see the information we hold about you and ask us to amend any incorrect information. You also have the right to ask us to delete information we hold about you or stop using it altogether.
You can do all of the above by:
– Telephone: 01372 375 400
– Email: email@example.com
– Post: Mary Frances Trust, 23 The Crescent, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 8DY