Our May radio show, The Wellbeing Hour, was aired on Monday 3 May and dedicated to Mental Health Awareness Week (10-16 May) around the theme of Nature and breaking mental health stigma.
- Anna, our Volunteer Co-Ordinator and walk leader, chats with walk volunteers Linda and George on why they enjoy walking and what benefits walking has on their wellbeing.
- Our presenter Litsa, MFT supporter Jo and MFT facilitator Catherine, discuss how to bring nature inside our home if we can’t go out and how to walk mindfully in nature noticing the sounds around us.
- Connie, our Communications Lead, shares further details about the new partnership behind Time To Change Surrey which MFT is involved in to help educate people about mental health and challenge stigma in Surrey.
- Taryn, our Craft facilitator, and Laura, one of our clients, discuss their experience of mental health stigma with their families and at work but also self-stigma. They share what they have done to campaign for change and what advice they would give to people facing stigma.
- Our special guest, Surrey multi-award winning garden designer Matthew Childs, shares his life story, how he got into gardening and why he thinks gardens have the power to heal us.
You can listen to the show again by clicking on the audio file below:
How to listen to the shows going forward
The show is pre-recorded and then broadcast on Surrey Hills Community Radio (an internet radio) on the first Monday of every month at 9pm. You can listen live while it’s being aired from your smartphone or tablet, laptop or even car radio – read further instructions on the Surrey Hills Community Radio website.
Alternatively, if you can’t listen live, we’ll share the Listen Again link after the show in this section of our website and on social media so you can catch up.
How to get involved with the show
This show is all for you, about you and about your wellbeing, so we want to hear from you!
Please email us at email@example.com with the subject line “The Wellbeing Hour” if you’d like to:
- suggest a topic to be featured or discussed on one of the shows
- suggest a song to be played out during one of the shows
- suggest an activity for one of the shows to engage our listeners
- provide feedback so we can improve
- answer questions asked during one of the shows (make sure you follow the deadline)
- submit any piece in response to an activity set out during a show (make sure you follow the deadline)
be involved in the making of the shows (whether as a presenter, interviewer, project manager, segment producer, sound editor, idea generator, intro and link writer, advertiser, you name it! We can provide some training if you have no prior experience)
- have any questions you’d like to ask
- come on the programme as a guest.