We’re always on the lookout for new volunteers to work with our very active Advisory Group and all aspects of Co-Production.
Purpose of the role
To share your voice and expertise as a person with lived experience of mental health issues to support and shape Mary Frances Trust. Advisory Group volunteers work together with staff to give their perspective and contribute towards the planning, development and delivery of Mary Frances Trust at every level.
Advisory Group members/volunteers typically attend one meeting for an hour and a half each month and additional requirements typically include:
- Joining short-term Advisory sub-groups working on various projects within Mary Frances Trust (time commitment varies and will be agreed at the start of the sub-group).
- Supporting Mary Frances Trust with ad hoc requests such as being on an interview panel, attending a Staff meeting, evaluating an activity, etc.
- Taking part in training to develop skills and expertise of the Advisory Group.
We encourage participation in the above requirements, but it is not mandatory and other opportunities come up periodically throughout your membership with the Advisory Group. In our monthly meeting, we discuss together as a team how to approach new projects, opportunities, and requests.
Example tasks/areas of input
- Designing or evaluating Mary Frances Trust courses and activities
- Reviewing and editing/giving feedback on Mary Frances Trust material such as the Welcome Pack, Satisfaction Survey, etc.
- Contributing towards the direction of the charity through different avenues such as input into the strategy, liaising with the management board, etc.
Personal experience and shared values required
- Personal experience of mental health issues
- Have an interest/experience of Mary Frances Trust
- Passionate about improving Mental Health support and services
- Ability to follow these group principles:
- Respect one another’s opinions
- Give everyone a fair chance to participate
- Maintain each other’s confidentiality
- Remain constructive and forward-thinking
- Value each other’s contributions
Get in touch
To apply for or discuss this volunteer role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.