Our fifth Wellbeing Hour show was aired on Easter Monday 5 April at 9pm.
On the agenda this month:
- We talk to Enya, our Peer Support Worker, about the recent launch of SUN, the new service for people with complex emotions often associated with personality disorder that we deliver in partnership with Community Connections Surrey and SABP.
- We hear Elle’s story, about how receiving a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder helped her to understand herself better and started her passion for mental health activism. Elle works for Catalyst, is a musician and a SUN member – she shares her first impressions of the service.
- To mark Stress Awareness Month we ask Angie Muscio, one of our wellbeing facilitators, what stress is and when to tell when it’s starting to affect our lives.
- We follow this with a discussion between Angie and a few clients from MFT about how they manage their stress and what techniques they have learnt with Angie that has helped them to feel calm.
- We close the show with a fun creative and mindful activity, trying our hand at Neurographic Art with Taryn and Litsa!
You can listen to the show again by clicking on the audio file below:
How to listen to the shows going forward
The show is pre-recorded and then broadcast on Surrey Hills Community Radio (an internet radio) on the first Monday of every month at 9pm. You can listen live while it’s being aired from your smartphone or tablet, laptop or even car radio – read further instructions on the Surrey Hills Community Radio website.
Alternatively, if you can’t listen live, we’ll share the Listen Again link after the show in this section of our website and on social media so you can catch up.
How to get involved with the show
This show is all for you, about you and about your wellbeing, so we want to hear from you!
Please email us at email@example.com with the subject line “The Wellbeing Hour” if you’d like to:
- suggest a topic to be featured or discussed on one of the shows
- suggest a song to be played out during one of the shows
- suggest an activity for one of the shows to engage our listeners
- provide feedback so we can improve
- answer questions asked during one of the shows (make sure you follow the deadline)
- submit any piece in response to an activity set out during a show (make sure you follow the deadline)
- be involved in the making of the shows (whether as a presenter, interviewer, project manager, segment producer, sound editor, idea generator, intro and link writer, advertiser, you name it! We can provide some training if you have no prior experience)
- have any questions you’d like to ask
- come on the programme as a guest.