We’re following the Government’s advice on Coronavirus to avoid social contact and big gatherings, and have therefore suspended our groups, activities and courses until further notice but we’re still offering mental health and emotional wellbeing support.
Anyone struggling with their mental health
- If you’re not already using our services, you will need to complete our online registration form to receive our support. We will follow up with a phone call to check how you’re doing and discuss how we can help.
- If you’re already registered with us or once you are registered, you can book a 30-minute telephone appointment or join one of our online wellbeing/peer support groups and activities. Scroll down for more details.
- You can also phone or email the contacts listed below to ask for advice and information.
- We’ve contacted all our clients to let them know we’re here. If you haven’t been contacted by us yet, it could be because we don’t have up-to-date details for you, so don’t hesitate to reach out. Contact details further down.
People who are in mental health crisis
- If you’re in mental health crisis, you can visit our Safe Haven service in Epsom every day from 6pm until 11pm as long as they don’t have any COVID-19 symptoms. The service is only open to people in crisis and is located: The Larches, 44 Waterloo Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8EX
- There are other Safe Haven services located in Guildford, Woking, Redhill and Aldershot. Find out where they are by downloading our Safe Haven brochure.
- We’re currently exploring the possibility to offer Virtual Safe Havens for people who can’t travel to the service or are in self-isolation, and should we need to close the service at some point. You can share your views on this project by taking our survey.
Thirty-minute telephone or video call appointments
- We offer telephone or video call appointments of up to 30 minutes so you can talk more in depths about the feelings and issues you may be experiencing.
- Please note these are not counselling sessions but mental health support conversations.
- You’ll need to book in advance by calling our main office and leaving a voicemail, or calling the person you’d like to speak to directly. See numbers/emails below.
- If it is urgent, we can give you the next available appointment.
To see what days/times are available, you can download our Appointments Calendar.
We’ve put together a programme of online groups and activities to support you in looking after your mental and emotional wellbeing. It includes peer support groups, arts and crafts activities, physical activities and wellbeing classes.
View our Online Support Groups and Activities Calendar to see what is available.
For a description of the activities and how to book your place, visit our Online Support Groups and Activities page.
You’ll also find step-by-step instructions of how to download and use Zoom, the video App you’ll need to access the online groups.
As we gain more skills in using online platforms, we will increase what we offer in response to what you tell us is needed. Please bear with us as we’re still learning!
We’re also aware that not everyone has access to the internet or is comfortable using it, so we are looking at other ways we can offer support. If you have any ideas, please let us know – we are always keen to hear your thoughts.
Managing your wellbeing
For further information on how to manage your wellbeing during this time, please read:
Mary Frances Trust’s main office: 01372 375400. Please note that it will go straight to answerphone and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can but this might be a bit delayed.
The phone numbers listed below will be answered during working hours, Monday to Friday from 9am until 4pm. If you phone outside of these hours, please leave a voicemail and someone will respond as soon as they are able to.
John O’Malley: 07868 203512 or email@example.com
Michael Powell: 07961 487625 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Parvin Ahmed: 07380 857 701 or email@example.com
Lenny Roberts Flanders: 07929 024724 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Silver: 07432 510493 or email@example.com